- 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground dried ginger
- 2 tbsp chives or green onions, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes. Add the water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce then cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, continue to cook covered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bring the heat back to high to reduce sauce down. Turn the chicken occasionally until the sauce becomes a thick glaze, about 8-10 minutes. Be sure to watch the glaze so it does not burn and become too thick.
- Serve the chicken immediately topping it with glaze, chives/green onions and sesame seeds.