- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider (or water)
- cinnamon sticks
- 1 large unpeeled apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs (can sub egg whites for some of the eggs)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup bread flour (can sub all-purpose or whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bring the apple cider, 1 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes, until reduced by about 1/3. Set aside and let cool. Use this as a syrup on the finished product.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350˚F. Combine the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Arrange in the bottom of a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients until just combined and pour the mixture over the apples. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until top is browned and set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen the edges of the pancake from the pie plate. When loose, invert onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with syrup!