- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup regular seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, maple syrup, mustard and garlic. Add chicken to a baking dish and pour buttermilk mixture over top to coat. Let soak for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450˚ F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine panko, bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and ground mustard.
- Remove each chicken tender from the buttermilk and dip in breadcrumbs, gently pressing to adhere. Place on the wire rack. Spray each with a mist of olive oil or nonstick spray. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, gently flip and mist with spray, then bake for 10-12 minutes more… Enjoy!