Beer Caramel Sauce
- 12-oz. Heineken beer (or any beer of your choice)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Bring the beer to a gentle boil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes.
- Add butter and brown sugar and cook (stirring only if the mixture looks like it’s about to boil over) until thick and syrupy for 10-12 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the cream and cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Let cool, then transfer to jar; refrigerate.