- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1 cup white corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- Salt and paprika to taste
- Add the olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sweat until translucent, stirring.
- Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated. Add the milk and stir until smooth. Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil, stir in the corn and the bell pepper. Stir until completely heated through. Add salt and paprika to taste (make sure to add plenty of salt – it needs it!).
- Turn heat down to low and let simmer for about 5 more minutes.