Creamy Cauliflower Mac n’ Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cauliflower, cored and cut into large pieces
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni (I used rotini)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used mozzarella because that’s my favorite)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (I didn’t have Dijon so I just used yellow and it tasted fine)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400˚ and boil a pot of salted water
- In a saucepan, warm stock on medium-low heat for five minutes, turn off heat.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water for 25 minutes. Put cauliflower in a food processor.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for five minutes, then drain.
- Put pasta in a greased, 9×9 baking dish.
- Process cauliflower with stock, cheese, oil, mustard, nutmeg, and salt, working in batches
- Pour sauce over pasta, toss, and spread evenly in dish. Top with Parmesan and bread crumbs. Bake 20 minutes.