Healthy Zuppa Toscana Soup
Ingredients (makes a 1/2 recipe – about 3-4 servings):
- 1/2lb chicken/turkey sausage (you can easily make this recipe vegetarian by substituting mushrooms or tofu for the sausage)
- 1 1/2 russet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (fresh or frozen) spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 80z. can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup skim milk (or use cream, if you’re not watching your weight!)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook onions and garlic in a large pot with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Turn heat down and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, potatoes, spinach, milk.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes before serving… Enjoy!