Kick-Ass Spinach Pie
- 16oz frozen chopped Spinach ($1.50 at Stop&Shop)
- 3 small cans of chopped black olives (Maybe 3 or 50z? They only come in one size at Stop&Shop)
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups skim-milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp flour (doesn’t matter which kind)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Thaw spinach in a medium bowl in microwave for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open and drain olives in a colander and set aside. Mix together with spinach.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan until hot. Add flour and stir. Add milk and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add cheese and stir until a roux is formed. Remove from heat.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan and line with the bottom pie crust. Add half of spinach and olive mixture. Cover with half of cheese. Repeat. Cover with other pie crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until top of pie is golden-brown… Enjoy!