Mushroom and Zucchini Parmesan Risotto (original)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 container of sliced mushrooms
- 2 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and olive oil
- Sauté diced onion in olive oil in a saucepan until tender (about 4 minutes). Add rice and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock and stir consistently until absorbed. Add another cup and keep stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, dice zucchini and mushrooms and set aside.
- Continue adding stock until 5 cups has been absorbed. At no point should the rice be dry enough that it sticks to the bottom. Make sure to stir consistently and add stock as needed.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms to risotto and stir until combined. Pour in parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Add the last cup of vegetable stock and let absorb. Test the rice, if it is still crunchy, continue adding and letting the rice absorb 1 cup of water at a time until fully cooked.