Spinach Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, lightly packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and saute the garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and turn heat to low; cook until spinach wilts.
- Add chicken broth and season with soy sauce, 2 tablespoons cheese, and black pepper. Mix together the water and cornstarch to form a slurry; stir into the chicken broth.
- Bring soup to a boil. While waiting for soup to boil mix together the eggs, egg whites, and remaining cheese. Once boiling turn off heat and add slowly add the egg mixture. After 30 seconds you may stir. Allow soup to sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.