Tomato Soup with Bowtie Pasta
- Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can Hunts diced tomatoes
- 1 can Hunts fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 box bow-ties pasta
- 2 heads broccoli, de-stemmed and finely diced
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese topping
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and stir occasionally until soft and translucent (about five minutes).
- Purée the plain diced tomatoes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add puréed tomatoes and fire-roasted diced tomatoes to pan along with vegetable broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Add finely diced broccoli and reduce heat to simmer.
- While soup is simmering, cook pasta. When pasta is done, drain water in a colander above the soup pot to add liquid to the soup. When pasta is drained, add pasta to the soup and stir to combine.
- Serve soup with parmesan cheese topping sprinkled on top.