Greek Quinoa with Chicken
(adapted from Perry’s Plate recipe)
Ingredients (for the salad):
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup black seedless olives, sliced (about 20 olives)
- ½ cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
Ingredients (for the dressing):
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1.5 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. When hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray or add olive oil. Sauté chicken 3-4 minutes until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, chicken, tomatoes, feta, olives and spinach. Mix well.
- In a mason jar combine the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper. Cover tightly with lid and shake.
- Add remaining ingredients (parmesan, olive oil & feta) to the jar, cover tightly and shake. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and mix well. Let sit in refrigerator overnight before serving to let the flavors mingle.